Stepkids VS Biological Kids

Home Forums Mommy Forums: The Mommy Lounge Stepkids VS Biological Kids

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anri 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Kim
    Participant

How do you deal with stepkids who shows no interest in connecting with the “new” parent? Also can the stepparent discipline? And where do you draw the line? This is often a topic that comes up in my circle of friends and most of them complain that the other larent feels offended when the stepparent steps in to discipline.

Anri
    Participant

I have a friend that refers to her stepchild as her bonus child. I think by making such a small change in word choice the child feels more accepted. I myself have no personal experience herein. Just remember to keep calm and be the bigger person. It apparently takes years to build a relationship as the child feels disloyal towards their biological parent when bonding with a bonus parent. I personally would freak out if some one else, regardless of whom, would discipline my child. Perhaps ensure that the house rules are known by all and enforced without fail and preferential treatment. But I would feel the biological parent must take on this task until such time as the child has adapted to the new family.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.