Self confidence

Home Forums Mommy Forums: The Mommy Lounge Self confidence

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  vhutshilo 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anthea
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

How do you to boost your child’s confidence in any aspect?

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

Hey @anthealee just so you know I moved this topic from the competitions forum through to the Mommy Lounge instead 🙂

I think that it starts with positive parenting and being supportive of our kids. I did write a small article about self confidence activities for kids you may find interesting.

Tamara
    Participant
    Fan Points: 2,672

This is something that i to have been wondering lately!! @anthea When my little one is at home she has so much confidence and basically runs our house lol
    The other day we had a school concert kind of thing, where the children were asked questions and they could lift their hands and answer into a microphone. Simple questions like “My Daddy looks funny when….”
    My little one refused to participate, not raising her hand once. Which concerned me a bit as she is the complete opposite at home. Now I’m left thinking if perhaps she doesn’t have the self-confidence I think she does when she is not at home. Will definitely give the article a read @lynne

Anthea
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

Good morning all. My daughter is very open minded and bright child but when push comes to shove she don’t want to participate in any activities such as their karate classes and competitions. She don’t like to be in the spotlight. I will read your article @lynne because i really need some help with this.
    @tamara i know what you are talking about. I think we need to take the first step so that they can see there is nothing to be scared of and nothing to feel bad about for being wrong.

Tamara
    Participant
    Fan Points: 2,672

@anthea – i think that is a marvelous idea. Good luck – if you find something that works please share and ill do the same 🙂

vhutshilo
    Participant
    Fan Points: 3,646

I could defenatly do with some tips my son is very active around people he knows if we out somewhere its takes him time to enged with other kids.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.