How old is too old?

Home Forums Breastfeeding Support How old is too old?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  luther Wood 18 hours, 43 minutes ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Angie
    Participant
    Fan Points: 0

How old is too old to breast feed? I am all for breast feeding, but I know a family who has a 4 year old that still breast feeds. Personally I think that this is a bit too much. What do you think?

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

Angie this is really a great topic, I said to my hubby when our babies were born that I would not have a walking,talking little human sucking on my boobs. My daughter weaned herself from the boob onto the bottle at 6 months old and I weaned my son at 13 months from the boob.

That said I know of a lot of moms that bresastfed their children till they were much older. There was even that contraversial photo of a mom breastfeeding her nearly 4 year old son on the cover of Time magazine.

Some women breastfeed their children up to 7 years old. I’m not going to judge others here on their choices but for me I wouldn’t do it
    What age do you breastfeed your child to

Lisa💕
    Participant
    Fan Points: 5

Great topic i also saw moms with big babies like @lynne mention walking talking little human sucking boob i dont feel its right up till that age maybe a year max my opinion i cant really talk as im not a breast feeding mom.

vhutshilo
    Participant
    Fan Points: 176

I prefer up to 1 year older than that its to much. And i don’t know if it’s true that i hear that the child who was breastfed for far long becomes slow in life activities

Tamara
    Participant
    Fan Points: 249

I think this will always be a highly debated topic 😛 and one that can go on for hours lol
    People believe different things and i always say each to their own, but my opinion on this matter is that if “baby” can formally ask for it – he/she is too old 😛

luther Wood
    Participant
    Fan Points: 16

That is an individual thing. It can be physical or mental or both. If you are physically healthy and mentally healthy, there is no number for age. I’m 82 and but for a few more aches and pains, I don’t feel old, and don’t act old. Like I said, age is just a number, I’m #82, that’s it. Now, I realize I’m in the minority in that thinking. And speaking of that, You are what you think, plain and simple. My wife and I don’t talk about being old and not even older, much.

Like I said:If you are physically healthy and mentally healthy, there is no number for age. It’s all between the ears.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.