2 months old baby

Home Forums Baby Milestones & Development 2 months old baby

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Ronitha 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

vhutshilo
    Participant

My son is now 2 months old and he doesn’t want anyone to hold him but me,right now we are at my mom’s place and its full of people and i was thinking that am going to get some rest and help with the baby but Aayan don’t want anyone wherever they try to take him from me he crys and he gets so upset that its take time even for me to culm him down. Anyone who knows what may be causing this and what must i do to get him use to other any suggestions would be appreciated.

Adri la Grange
    Participant

Good luck to you. I really hope that you will find a solution soon.

Doreen
    Participant

Vhutshilo
    Your baby is still very young. Dont worry too much about it. I know its hard on the mommy… my son was EXACTLY the same. For about the first year of his life. He is turning 4 years in May and he changed in so many ways.He is the little joker of the family. Good luck. It will get better;)

Doreen
    Participant

Maybe get the book Growing kids with Character by Hettie Brittz. It really helped me alot to “understand” my child better.

Lynne Huysamen
    Keymaster

Your baby obviously feels safest and happiest with you right now, which is awesome 🙂 And tiring, frustrating and all those other things that comes with motherhood!

I doubt your baby will be like that forever so try and go with the flow and hold your baby, I am sure that within a very short space of time things will change and you will be able to catch a break @vhutshiloali1

Anri
    Participant

A tip I got was to put something that smells like me with baby. We attended a lot of functions during the first few moths of my sons life. All work related and compulsory. My baby was breastfed and I couldn’t leave the room to go to the loo. Then my gran mentioned that I should leave something that smells like me with baby. I ended up taking off my top or dress that I wore all day and dropping it in the cot with baby. this became a daily routine as it soothed him and allowed me to pop somewhere without him. its like he felt more secure if he could smell me. Hope it helps for you!

vhutshilo
    Participant

Thanks @adri he is much better now at 4 months old

vhutshilo
    Participant

Wow story of my life @anri. Thank you for the tip i will try it also , hopefully it will work.

Ronitha
    Participant

U shouldnt stress about it its just a phase as he is so small still he feels safe and secure with you, you rather enjoy the bonding time now once they get older it becomes a mission just to get a hug as they become so independant so quick.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.