The kitchen is one of the busiest areas in the house. Many believe that it should also be the cleanest part of your home since this is the place where you prepare the food for your family. The appliances used in the kitchen are the usual equipment that touches the food. Therefore, we should not only know when to repair or replace them when their parts are broken such as Shunt Resistors, but we should also put effort into how to maintain them. There are various methods in cleaning kitchen appliances but let us focus on how to clean those using eco-friendly materials so we can keep them tidy while we take care of our environment as well.
Ways To Clean Your Kitchen Appliances
- We usually use salt to season our food but it can also be used to lift off the burnt food from the pan. Just sprinkle the salt on the base of your pan and put a little water. Just let it stay for a little while before scrubbing it off.
- Salt and lemon are great partners when you want to clean your chopping boards. First, you must cut the lemon in half then use half of the lemon to rub the board. Sprinkle some salt on the board with lemon then leave it for about 15mins. Get the other half of the lemon and rub the board again. Rinse the board thoroughly with water then let it dry. You now have a deodorized board.
- Oily food can sometimes lead to greasy microwaves and ovens but there is no need to worry. Lemon got you covered! Slice a lemon in half and heat it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Take the heated lemon and rub the inside part of it over the greasy kitchen appliances. Heat the other half and repeat the steps if needed. Use a kitchen towel to wipe off all the grease and voila! Your kitchen appliances are now sparkling clean.
- Another friend in the kitchen when we talk about cleaning is vinegar. Just spray vinegar over the kitchen tops or the surface of the appliances, and then simply wipe off with a paper towel or a clean rag. That’s it!
- Sometimes when you use the food processors and blenders, the smell of the food stays even after washing them. Here is what you could do. Put half a cup of white vinegar into the processor bowl or blender pitcher then add a tiny amount of your dishwashing liquid. Fill it with warm water then cover using the lid. Allow two hours to pass before tipping the water and vinegar solution out. Then wash them with your dishwashing soap. Rinse it with water. If the odor is still there, repeat the procedure but let the water and vinegar soak for 12 hours.
- Baking soda is another effective element for cleaning. We do not want a stinky drain in our home. To help us solve this problem, you can put 2 tablespoons of baking soda to the drain and let warm water run for 2 minutes. Goodbye stinky drains!
There are so many ways to keep our home clean but we also have to make sure that our environment is safe as well. Always remember that a clean kitchen also means a healthy family.