Try out this yummy crunchies recipe!
Ingredients for crunchies:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Preheat your oven to 180 deg
- Grease a 20 x 20 baking tray using butter or non-stick baking spray.
- Melt the butter and syrup over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and add the bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, flour, sugar and coconut together.
- Then pour over the butter mixture and mix well.
- Press into the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes.
Switch off the oven and leave for another 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cut into squares while still in the baking tray (while still hot).
Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Remove from baking tray and put on a cooling rack to cool completely before packing into a biscuit tin.
I got this crunchies recipe out of the Your Parenting magazine and made it with my 2 year old. It is simple and a great recipe to make with your young child!