This salad may not sound like much but you really must give it a go, you will be so pleasantly surprised. Plus it tastes great the next day too so no waste!
Ingredients for Bacon, Pea and Cheese salad:
- Green Pepper
- Hellmans Mayonnaise
20 mins with active toddler hanging on leg!
- Use a shallow dish for this salad.
- Chop up the lettuce and layer the dish, chop up the cucumber and layer, chop up the celery and layer, chop up the green peppers and layer.
- Defrost the peas by adding boiling water from kettle but do not cook the peas, layer on top.
- Spread Excella Wonderwhirl Salad Cream thickly over the peas.
- Fry the bacon, chop into little pieces and layer on top.
- Grate the cheese and layer on top.
This is a wonderful salad to have with a braai and also a great light meal on it’s own. It keeps well in the fridge too so it is perfect for left-overs the next day. This was originally made with Miracle Whip, but I have not been able to find that in the shops lately. It does not work well with other mayonnaise so try and find the Excella Wonderwhirl Salad Cream which I found at Checkers.