In the last two years, the world of education has changed dramatically amid the pandemic, with the demand for distance learning growing rapidly.
Optimi Home, which operates South Africa’s biggest homeschooling provider Impaq, has witnessed this trend first-hand with record numbers of families switching to its offering in the last 18 months. Impaq has been operating for almost 20 years and it currently has over 30 000 homeschooling learners.
As part of its next step, Impaq has embarked on taking schooling to the next level by launching a fully catered-for online school for English and Afrikaans speaking learners. This move brings Impaq’s offering full circle in terms of it being a distance learning provider in South Africa.
Admissions to the online school for 2022 officially opened on the 1st of September 2021. The school is set to cater to Grade 7-11 learners in 2022, while plans are in place to expand to other grades from 2023. The school will follow the CAPS curriculum.
In getting ready for this launch, Impaq is embarking on a major recruitment drive for online teachers and education specialists.
All of these positions will be remote and will involve working from home. The successful candidates must be team players, deadline-driven, and have subject knowledge in either one of the following subjects:+
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
- Afrikaans Huistaal
- Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal
- Life Orientation
- Economic and Management Sciencesoptimi
- Business Studies
- Engineering Graphic and Design
- Computer Application Technology
- Physical Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Social Sciences
- Hospitality Studies
- Consumer Studies
Even though Optimi Home’s Online Educators will be able to enjoy the flexibilities of remote working, they will still play a crucial role in moulding the lives of teenagers. They will be expected to inspire, motivate and encourage a new generation of learners and guide them to make a positive impact in their communities.
Impaq’s Online Educators will also be expected to help their students be passionate about learning in new and innovative ways.
Here is more information about the requirements for our online educators:
- Either completed or in the final year of a level 7 Diploma/Bachelors degree with a professional teaching qualification or a subject-specific qualification aligned the subject to be taught online
- Be SACE registered
- Have 2 years relevant experience
- Have experience with online teaching and education platforms (Beneficial)
- Computer literate
- Fluent in English & Afrikaans
- Stable internet line, at least a 20 Mbps line
- Power backup for laptop and internet for power disruptions