This cheesy garlic potato bake is super easy to make and comes out beautifully every single time. I love that I can also easily switch it up a bit when I make it by adding extra ingredients so that it’s not the same old potato bake.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
Cheesy Garlic Potato Bake
- 4 to 5 big potatoes
- 250ml cream
- 450g cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh chopped parsley (or you can use any other herbs fresh or dry)
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices
- Mix the cream, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley together
- Layer a baking dish with the ingredients starting with the potatoes, then cheese, and lastly the cream mixture. Repeat until the ingredients are finished with the last layer being potatoes, then cream mixture and cheese on top.
- Bake at 180°C for an hour and twenty minutes.
Mix It Up
The above recipe is what I always put in, however, I often mix it up a bit by adding other ingredients. Some great things to add are onion, green onion, mushrooms, and bacon. Just add it to your layers. Another thing that I sometimes do is use half cream and half sour cream. There are endless ways to vary this dish to keep it fresh and exciting. This makes a great side dish for a braai or any meal. It’s also fantastic to eat the next day if you have leftovers.