A few years ago I shared on my blog the Jungle Juice Recipe that I was using for increasing my energy as a new mom and also to help me increase my breastmilk supply. Some moms have asked me about a jungle juice recipe using Rooibos so I have scouted around and come up with this awesome jungle juice recipe with rooibos.
Jungle Juice Recipe With Rooibos
- 30ml Blackthorn Berry Elixir
- 1 cup of fruit juice (litchi, mango or apple)
- 3 cups rooibos tea cooled (3 cups hot water with 3 rooibos tea bags – leave to draw for 5 minutes before removing rooibos tea bags)
- 1 sachet of Rehydrate (add it to a cup of boiled water that has cooled down)
- 10 drops of Rescue Remedy
- 1 liter of water
Mix all the ingredients together in a 2 liter jug. Put it in your fridge to chill.
When I made this I used an empty 2lt plastic container from fruit juice – it stores better in a fridge than a jug, it costs nothing and it helps to recycle and re-use things!
Make sure to drink the whole 2 liters in a 24 hour period. Make sure to drink before and after breastfeeding to help keep hydrated and keep your energy levels at an optimum.
I hope you enjoy this alternative recipe using Rooibos Tea. Rooibos is absolutely brilliant for you and will help to rejuvenate a tired mom that is struggling with low energy levels.
One of the bonuses of this alternative jungle juice recipe is that it uses a lot less fruit juice so there is less sugar. Due to the lower sugar content you are less likely to get thrush can be quite common when drinking the standard jungle juice recipe.