I’m a huge fan of lasagne and I recently found the best lasagne recipe. While I love lasagne I have never been able to make a really good lasagne until now, so I’m super chuffed and have to share it with you.
Best Lasagne Recipe
- 9 lasagne sheets
- 4 cups grate mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 750g mince
- 250g chorizo sausage (chopped up very finely)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 800g marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 500g ricotta cheese
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 beaten egg
- Add the lasagne sheets to a dish of hot water to soften them
- Brown the onions, garlic, mince, and chorizo sausages
- Stir in the marinara sauce, tomato paste, and Italian herbs and simmer for 5 minutes
- Mix the ricotta cheese, egg, and parsley together
- Layer your lasagne dish by adding a cup of meat sauce first, then 3 lasagne sheets, followed by the ricotta cheese mixture.
- For the next layer add three lasagne sheets, ricotta cheese mxture, then meat sauce and repeat another layer like this
- Add a layer of meat sauce and cover with foil, bake at 180ºC for 45 minutes
- Remove the foil and add the grated mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let your lasagne dish stand for about ten minutes before cutting and serving
For the marinara sauce you can make your own, but I’m not Mary Poppins so I used a jar of All Gold Meat Flavoured Spaghetti Sauce instead. This recipe will makes 8 very large portions and is great for freezing too.
This dish is rich and incredibly tasty, I’m going to try make it next with 1kg mince instead of a mix of mince and chorizo sausage to see how it comes out, simply because I had to go to 5 different shops before I found the chorizo sausage at the Spar in Langebaan.
This is definitely the best lasagne recipe I’ve ever made.