Most commonly chemically based skin care products do offer benefits, but they include side effects as your skin gets exposed to toxins and pollution and as a result, they can end up harming your skin instead of providing protection.
Face creams and moisturisers that are made from natural or organic ingredients are manufactured from organic plant extracts and do not contain toxic compounds that are found in commercial skin care products.
***Disclosure -The links in this post may contain affiliate links and Kaboutjie may receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on a link.***
How do you know a product is USDA certified organic?
Products that are made with 95 percent or more organic ingredients that were derived from plant extracts are usually USDA certified organic products. This means that all the ingredients were naturally grown without making use of petroleum-based fertilizers, pesticides or bioengineered genes which could be harmful to the environment.
Natural products are generally made with natural ingredients without adding synthetic compounds but organic products are also farmed by making use of organic farming methods which are promoting biodiversity and are made from recyclable sources.
In this article we’ve handpicked the seven top pics when it comes to the best organic face creams.
E-raorganics Organic Face Cream With Aloe Vera
- This 10-in-1 formulated moisturizer cream provides your skin with much needed minerals, vitamins and amino acids to leave you with stronger, healthier and radiant looking skin.
- Deeply penetrating into the base of your skin to provide deep hydrating and moisturizing effects to provide you with results lasting up to 8-12 hours. The product is non-greasy, are fully absorbed into the skin and leaves no residue and is perfect for soothing dry and damaged skin.
- A natural face moisturizer that repairs damaged skin cells, restoring your skin’s natural PH balance while stimulating new cell growth.
- Stimulates collagen production, strengthening fibers, improving elasticity, providing protection against free radicals and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, making this product an excellent anti-aging product.
- Made with a hypoallergenic formula perfect for sensitive skin and can even be used for children.
- Non-oily and contains no fragrances, toxins, fillers, alcohol or parabens.
- No clogging of pores and can be safely used on the face, body, hands and feet.
- Suitable for all skin types whether oily, dry, damaged or combination skin.
- Era Organics is a family owned business that is passionate about promoting a product that will help you to have beautiful and healthy skin. They offer a 60-day money back guarantee.
Aura Daily Facial Moisturiser
- This unique cream is made from a combination of essential ingredients with Vitamins E, C, B3, B5, B6, Hyaluronic acid and two ingredients that has been used for centuries to heal, nourish and moisturize the skin, Aloe & Chamomile.
- Made with 100% unique formulations which are free from fragrances, cruelty, parabens, sulphates, palm oil and is non-GMO and vegan.
- The product is easily absorbed into the skin, has a soothing effect and provides you with younger looking skin.
- Suitable for day and night use and can be used for:
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Fine lines
- Dry skin
Amara Organics Vitamin C Face Cream
- Apply this organic face cream once daily, leaving your skin moisturized throughout the day.
- Providing a nourishing effect, leaving your skin feeling smooth and silky soft.
- Made from organic and natural ingredients with no parabens, fragrances or dyes.
- Cruelty-free and manufactured in the USA.
- Can be used for:
- Softening fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fading of age spots.
- Providing the skin with a radiant glow.
- 100% Manufacturer’s guarantee, no returns necessary or questions asked.
Era Organics Super Hydrating Oasis Facial Day and Night Cream
- 16-in-1 Age defense moisturizer with cocoa butter, Manuka honey, Jojoba oil, Olive oil and Avocado oil to provide your skin with essential minerals, vitamins, enzymes and amino acids for balanced skin tone, fighting fine lines and wrinkles and bringing out your skin’s natural beauty.
- PH balanced, lightweight, extra hydrating and non-greasy day and night cream.
- Can be used for:
- Fighting acne.
- Reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
- Providing you with healthier and more youthful looking skin.
- PH balanced for relief of oily and acne prone skin.
- Suitable for use by both women and men of different ages.
- This product contains no hidden chemicals, parabens, alcohol, fragrance, dyes or chemicals, is cruelty free and non-greasy.
- Family owned USA business offering a 60-day guarantee.
Revival Natural and Organic Face Cream
- Natural face cream containing Vitamin A, Vitamin B5 and organic Jojoba oil.
- Can be used for:
- The relief of dry and itchy skin and to maintain the skin’s natural PH balance.
- Moisturizing and hydrating dry skin.
- Vegan and natural face moisturizer with no added parabens, silicones or synthetic materials and is phthalate free.
- Made from organic based Rosehip, carrot, neem oil and Aloe Vera for maximum hydrating effects.
- Stored in a thick Borosilicate glass container to keep the product fresh and wrapped in luxury packaging.
Nourish Organic Face Cream With Argan and Pomegranate
- Suitable for normal to dry skin types.
- Contains Argan, Rosewater and Pomegranate.
- Fragrance free
- An USDA organic certified product which contains no harmful chemicals, parabens or synthetic ingredients.
- Regular use results in younger-looking and healthier skin.
- The product is manufactured from plant-based ingredients which is scientifically formulated to provide your skin with optimum health results.
- Clinically tested by a third-party.
- Nourish organic and lightweight face cream contains numerous healthy skin benefits which include:
- Improving texture, boosts your skin’s natural defences and replenishing nutrients.
- Replenishing essential nutrients and softens skin.
- The Aloe Vera component hydrates and moisturizes your skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- The product has an aloe leaf juice instead of water that is more beneficial and acts as a base that feeds your skin with essential minerals and nutrients.
- The fair-trade Shea butter component has smoothing and soothing effects on rough spots and deeply moisturizes damaged and dry skin. It provides a protective layer that has the ability of reducing the appearance of scarring, stretch marks and fine lines to keep your skin feeling soft and looking healthy.
- The Moroccan Argan oil component nourishes irritated or sun-damaged skin, it replenishes and deeply hydrates your skin and provides a smooth texture and even skin tone.
Honeyskin Aloe Vera and Anuka Honey Face and Body Cream
- This multi-purpose, organic product is deemed organically safe, non-allergic and containing no fragrance, parabens or harsh chemicals that can harm or irritate your skin.
- Suitable for use on the eyes, body and face.
- Non-greasy and unscented.
- Suitable for use on most skin types including sensitive and acne-prone skin.
- Full money-back guarantee.
- Other healthy benefits of this product:
- Fast acting soothing and calming results for redness, itching and dryness.
- Nourishing your skin with superfoods while providing a soothing and healing effect on your skin.
- Has a 5.5 PH balance to match your skin type.
- The cream deeply penetrates the skin and provides fast relief for conditions such as shingles, rosacea, eczema, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and various other skin-related diseases.
- Containing minerals, vitamins and amino acids to restore the skin’s natural PH balance and to achieve optimum results from reducing wrinkles and scars to firming the skin and acting as an effective cure for inflammation and pain.
What are the top benefits of using the best Organic face creams?
Smelling great the natural way
Face creams with organic and natural ingredients are naturally-scented with pure essential oils and no synthetic or artificial materials are used to provide you with a lovely aroma. After switching to organic products you’ll start noticing the difference after a few weeks between an imitation fragrance and a natural fragrance and you won’t regret your decision. To ensure that you are buying a product whose fragrance is natural, pick a cream that is labelled “fragrance-free” or “natural fragrance”. If you have skin that are allergy-prone or experience breakouts, it is advisable to do a test on a small portion of the skin to see if your skin reacts well to the product. Be mindful in checking for chemicals that act as fragrance for example limonene which is a liquid that has an orange-like smell. Artificial fragrances in products can cause negative reactions in the body such as migraines, sinus problems etc. Most commercial products contain parabens which are preservatives used during the process of manufacturing cosmetics. While they can extend the life of the product, they can disrupt the oestrogen production and experts have linked the connection between the use of products containing parabens with the emergence of serious diseases such as cancer, poor immune as well as weakened liver.
No more skin irritations
Products that are loaded with harmful chemicals and artificial colours or flavours are known for causing skin allergies, scars and skin rashes. To avoid these nasty breakouts, it is best to use organic skin care products that are gentle on the skin. Shea butter and Aloe Vera for instance, has numerous healthy skin-related benefits that won’t cause any nasty side-effects. Most luxury brands contain drying agents in products such as lip balm, conditioner and moisturizers. When choosing a product, make sure the label says “sulphate-free”.
Great anti-aging properties
There is an array of benefits associated with organic products when it comes to younger looking skin. The best organic products have healing effects on the skin and can restore damaged skin cells and prevent pigmentation, skin breakouts while improving the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Many products contain pure essential oils which contain multiple useful benefits relating to skincare and maintaining healthy looking skin.
Not only do you provide your skin with the best skin care option, you’re also reducing the carbon footprint on the environment by using natural and organic skincare products. These products don’t contain chemical based ingredients and are manufactured with organic or natural plant extracts which doesn’t harm the environment in any way.
Suitable for all skin types
The biggest benefit of organic products is that they adapt perfectly to all skin types, particularly to sensitive and atopic skin types. These products contain delicate natural ingredients which are gentle and soothing on the skin as opposed to chemically enhanced products which are abrasive and contains toxic ingredients.
Contrary to popular belief, organic products are not a lot pricier than your conventional skin care products. There are many companies that offer great products at reasonable prices. And when you think about it, you can’t really put a price on maintaining healthy skin. Most women will pay exuberant amounts of money on commercially manufactured products to regain younger-looking and radiant skin. But by doing a bit of research, you can pay a lot less for organic products that can give you the same if not better results without compromising your health in the process.
Suitable for the whole family
Most organic products are suitable for use by men, women and even children. More and more companies manufacture organic baby products to use on baby’s delicate skin.
Organic skin remedies that are sourced from the earth have been used for centuries all over the world. When it comes to the most essential organ of your body, namely the skin it’s always better to stick to the basics and keep it simple. Irrespective if you have sensitive skin or not, organic beauty products can provide you with long-lasting results for a radiant and healthy-looking skin. By using natural and organic products which is better for your overall health you are also doing your bit by preserving our environment when using eco-friendly products.
Organic products are made from plant-based ingredients in their purest form which are naturally based with no harmful additives or synthetics chemicals. Organically manufactured products are produced and formulated without the use of pesticides or other chemicals and these products contain natural minerals and nutrients which is essential for maintaining healthy skin.