The idea for making these muffins was my daughter’s. I asked her what we should make with the Nova Choc-Oh-Late baking buttons we have and she said we must make a banana and chocolate muffins recipe. I have never tried banana muffins and as luck would have it we had everything on hand at my mom’s house.
Banana And Chocolate Muffins Recipe
We made this recipe using frozen bananas. My mom always freezes bananas that are close to going off if she knows they are not to be able to eat them on time, then she bakes with them. This is something I need to start doing too and now I have a fantastic recipe to motivate me.
- 2 bananas (very ripe and mashed)
- 100 chocolate chips or baking buttons – we used Nova Choc-Oh-Late milk chocolate baking buttons
- 100g butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs
- 225g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 175g sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Grease a 12 hole muffin tray
- Beat all the ingredients (except the baking buttons) until smooth
- Fold in the baking buttons
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tray
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and your knife comes out clean
These banana and chocolate muffins came out beautifully, much better than I expected. My daughter said these are the best muffins she has ever eaten and wants me to start baking them regularly. I love muffins and these were so super quick and easy to make too!