Are you trying to choose between the best breastfeeding pumps and don’t know where to start? Do you even need a breast pump?
I have breastfed two babies and I would highly recommend that you get yourself a breast pump if you are planning on breastfeeding your baby. Not only will it be highly practical if you need to express milk for your baby, it will also be very useful for when your baby has a growth spurt and you need to increase your milk supply!
Click here to learn about making more milk.
The first thing you need to decide is whether you will buy an electric breast pump or a manual breast pump.
Electric vs Manual Breast Pump
Electric Breast Pumps
- You will be able to express more milk during a shorter period of time.
- With a double electric pump you can dramatically decrease the amount of pumping time.
- They can be noisy and instrusive.
- They can be bulky and heavy to carry around.
- You will need to be near an electric point to pump, although some electric breast pumps can also be operated with batteries.
- Electric breast pumps are a lot more expensive than manual pumps, however if you are going back to work and plan to express regularly for your baby it will probably be a better buy than a manual pump.
- Most electric breast pumps come with a carry bag that has a storage compartment for keeping your breast milk cool.
Manual Breast Pumps
- Small and light so they are easy to take with you wherever you go.
- You won’t need an electrical point so it is convenient to pump anywhere.
- Much more affordable than electric breast pumps.
- You have more control over the suction and speed.
- More tiring to use and it takes longer to pump out enough for a feed.
Best Electric Breast Pumps
This breast pump is rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on Amazon out of 66 reviews.
- BPA Free
- More comfortable pumping position due to unique design
- Choose from 3 expression settings (low, medium, high) adder starting in the gentle stimulation mode
- Soft, warm stimulation massage cushion now has a soft, warm texture intended to help stimulate milk flow
- Compact, lightweight design for ease of use and transport- fewer light weight parts
- Runs with batteries as well as power so very handy for on the go
- Includes a set of Freemie Collection Cups that are compatible with the most popular electric pumps
- To use the Freemie cups from this set with another pump, the appropriate connection kit for that pump is required
- Includes sets of 25mm and 28mm funnels – try both sizes for the best fit and function
- 32mm funnels are interchangeable with the cups and are available separately
The Freemie Freedom Double Electric Breast Pump Deluxe Set is the only complete electric breast pump set that allows you to pump with your clothes on. The Freedom pump includes the patented Freemie Hands Free and Concealable Collection Cups, which fit right inside your regular or nursing bra, underneath your clothing, so you can pump when you need to, where you need to.
The Freemie Freedom pump’s connection kit includes connections for single or double pumping, so you can get through your pumping routine quickly by double pumping, or single pump and nurse your little one at the same time – a great time saver.
The pump is 120VAC, and requires an electrical outlet. Each cup holds up to 8 ounces of milk, for a total of 16 ounces. Included spare parts in the Deluxe Set include an extra filter (filters should be changed every month or two during regular use, or in the event milk gets all the way down the tubing) and an extra duckbill valve (valves should be replaced if a deterioration in suction occurs over time). Additionally, the single pump tubing can be used as replacement tubing for the double pump setup.
- Rated 4.5 stars out of 5 Stars on Amazon
- Double pumping kit with Personal Fit breast shields
- Can be plugged in or operated with AA batteries
- 2-Phase expression technology with one-touch let-down button
- BPA free
Best Manual Breast Pumps
- Natural feel expression with massaging ripples designed to mimic baby’s natural feeding action
- Soft touch cup is comfortable and fits all breast sizes as well as being quiet and discreet
- Compact and lightweight, Ideal for travelling or occasional expressing
- Only 3 parts to assemble and super easy to clean
- Includes: 1 x Closer to Nature Easi-Vent 150ml Baby Bottle • 1 x Milk Storage Pot • 6 x Disposable Breast Pads • 1 x Microwave Steriliser Box
- Manual Breastpump with VentAire Bottle
- 12-Piece Starter Kit
- Connects to both wide and narrow bottles and is dishwasher safe
- Ergonomically designed thumb grip requires less hand work and reduces fatigue
- Lightweight, easy to store for On-The-Go use
- 3.9 Stars out of 5 Stars on Amazon
- Lightweight and compact
- Few parts to assemble and clean
- Skin-soft breast cushion
- Ergonomic handle
- Easy one hand pumping
What breast pumps would you recommend?
You need to login in order to like this post: click here